[Web4lib] Survey: analysis of local Web search logs

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 10:11:24 EST 2005

Lou Rosenfeld and I are writing a book that examines local site search
analytics.  We're focusing the searches that customers perform when
they use the site search on your own site, rather than the search
terms they enter at a global engine such as Google, MSN, or Yahoo in
order to reach your site.

For our book, we'd like to gather samples of a variety of sites'
20-100 most common searches, as well as how many results each search
retrieves.  We also seek the most interesting or bizarre examples from
your list of common searches.  If you have access to this kind of
information, please consider sharing it with us via our very brief
survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=63481578920

We plan to use many of the responses as sidebars in our forthcoming
book; if we use yours, we'll mention and thank you for your
contribution.

We'd also appreciate it if you'd forward this request on to anyone who
might be interested in completing our survey.  Many thanks!

Thanks much,
/rich

By the way, if you use the free public service / university search
from Google, it appears that they have repaired the log reporting
problem I reported recently.