[Web4lib] AJAX on library websites?

Walter Lewis lewisw at hhpl.on.ca
Fri Dec 16 23:04:59 EST 2005

Amy M Ostrom wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone else has been
> following AJAX (asynchronous javascript and xml) and is thinking about
> implementing it somehow into their library design?  [snip]

One implementation of AJAX technologies that many of us may find
particularly appealing is the integration of Google Maps (and like
technologies) into websites. This is the obvious extension to the "how
do you find us" that many of us have used MapQuest and similar services for.

Then there's search result mapping: http://tinyurl.com/99r8o

Incidentally, the map component was just inserted in the last couple of
days, and I'm interested if it does break in anyone's browser.

Walter Lewis
Halton Hills