[Web4lib] AJAX on library websites?

Luke Vilelle lvilelle at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 23:20:12 EST 2005

Hi, Amy, at Virginia Tech one of our systems gurus
implemented AJAX into the OPAC. You can see it for
yourself on the keyword search at
http://addison.vt.edu. We've called it the Addison
Guesstimate, and you can toggle it on or off
underneath the search box.

Not sure how many people actually see the AJAX work
(we've gotten very little feedback on it), because you
have to wait a 1/2-second after you've stopped typing
before you see results, but it's pretty neat. An
explanation of the feature is provided at
http://addison.vt.edu/screens/help_index.html#guesstimate.

Luke Vilelle.