[Web4lib] Extracting images from PDF?

Araby Y Greene araby at unr.edu
Wed Dec 14 19:59:13 EST 2005

This has worked for me in the past, at least with individual PDF
documents and Acrobat 6:

Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat
Select Advanced from the top menu bar
Export all images...
  Select your format (jpg, tif, png, jpg 2000)
  Select your settings

Acrobat outputs the images using the basic filename plus page number and
image number.

You could also export single images (from the messed up pages) by using
the Select Image tool, then right click and Save As (.bmp or .jpg), but
you don't have all the nice format options that are available with
"Export all images."

-Araby
__________________________
Araby Greene