[Web4lib] Extracting images from PDF?

Binkley, Peter Peter.Binkley at ualberta.ca
Wed Dec 14 19:05:24 EST 2005

I've used pdfimage.exe, part of the open-source xpdf package, available
here: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/xpdf.htm. It gives you
the images in pbm format, which you can batch-convert to tiff or
whatever using a standard graphic tool such as IrfanView. I used it on
pdfs containing just black-and-white images. It did the job.

Peter

Peter Binkley
Digital Initiatives Technology Librarian
Information Technology Services
4-30 Cameron Library
University of Alberta Libraries
Edmonton, Alberta