[WEB4LIB] opacs for children

Michael Shochet mshochet at ubalt.edu
Thu Apr 14 11:18:00 EDT 2005

A few years ago at an American Libraries Association/Canadian Libraries Association joint conference I saw a prof. Jamshid Beheshti of McGill University talk about work he was doing on designing interfaces for children.  His worked focused on the design of "portal" for children, but I would think his research would be applicable to OPAC design as well.

He has a vitae, which includes citations of articles he has authored on designing web interfaces for children, available online:
http://www.gslis.mcgill.ca/Beheshti_CV.htm

Michael Shochet
Systems/Reference Librarian
Langsdale Library, University of Baltimore
http://langsdale.ubalt.edu/
mshochet at ubalt.edu
410-837-4277