[WEB4LIB] LexisNexis responds to request for direct linking...

Anna Creech CreechA at cwu.EDU
Thu Apr 14 14:43:58 EDT 2005

I  hate to rain on your parade, but I doubt that Lexis Nexis will
actually implement some sort of OpenURL or direct linking.  I asked
about it two years ago and was told that their database infrastructure
couldn't support that level of linking.  In addition, since libraries
are such a small portion of their customer base, they had little
incentive to invest in the technology and labor.

Anna

Anna L. Creech, MLS
Serials & Electronic Resources Librarian
Central Washington University
Serials Department - Library
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA  98926-7548