[WEB4LIB] MySQL + Apache/Debian Linux - favorite development tools

Pons, Lisa (PONSLM) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Tue Jan 21 22:25:49 EST 2003

 We've just started using naviCAT, which is part of mySQL studio. It is a
graphical environment for mysql databases.

http://www.mysqlstudio.com/index.php

Trial download, and an educational discount.

-----Original Message-----From: Lori Bowen Ayre
To: Multiple recipients of list
Sent: 1/21/2003 10:05 PM
Subject: [WEB4LIB] MySQL + Apache/Debian Linux - favorite development tools

We're just getting started development some MySQL database applications
and
are wondering what development tools you like best.  Our web host
supports
PHP so we'll be using that and we're running on Debian/GNU Linux with an
Apache web server.

Our goal is to quickly put together some applications that staff will
use to
improve communications and work flow and provide access to shared data.
So
ease of programming and clean, easy to read, quickly-executing code are
more
important than pretty applications but it does need to be a web-app as
staff
is distributed throughout the state.

Reply to LBAyre at galecia.com.  I'd like to hear what tools you recommend
and