[WEB4LIB] Re: ?making it easy for patrons to report typos in databases

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Tue Jan 21 13:45:28 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 08:40:20AM -0800, wl-mw at msln.net remarked:
> This may be too elementary for this list, but I'd love to know
> how to easily make a simple feedback form that works. I looked
> at the source code for Walt's Eureka feedback form but I don't
> understand the cgi-bin/.pl aspects of it, or the "input type"
> addresses. Can anyone help, perhaps off-list? I don't want to
> learn another language (beyond HTML and CSS) at the moment --
> I'm just looking for a simple form program. Thanks.
>
> ~ Molly Wms.
> --
> Molly Williams

Where do you want the user feedback to go, and by what
mechanism?

For example, is it sufficient to send user HTML form feedback
text via email to a designated staff person?

If so, we used to use a (free perl) script called 'FormMail'
(going by memory) that would do just that.  It was not
complicated to set up.

Cheers,
Raymond