scanning documents, retaining searchability . . .

Jennifer K. Snow jsnow at bowdoin.edu
Fri Oct 18 15:14:56 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have a question regarding Adobe Acrobat Capture and other comparable
applications.  Our Special Collections and Archives department would
like to scan print documents and then search them.  Converting a Word
document to PDF retains its searchability, but simply scanning a
document does not give one that option.  I have been researching
software that will accomplish our needs.  Unfortunately the reviews of
Adobe Acrobat Capture have not been stellar.  Does anyone have any
suggestions of alternative applications that might meet our needs?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jennifer Snow
Educational Technology Center
Bowdoin College