[WEB4LIB] Re: Dreamweaver's code view (was RE: HTML Referring?)

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Tue Oct 22 14:51:03 EDT 2002

:In MX, the F10 shortcut takes you the code inspector only.  To work in
code
:while viewing the WSIWYG, you need to use the Code and Design view
(under View
:then Code and Design).  I was doing the F10 shortcut and having the
same
:pasting problems until I realize F10 does not have quite the same
function as
:it did in Dreamweaver 4.

I think this is a real loss, btw, and a disappointment in MX.  Unless
you have a huge monitor, as someone else observed, the screen is really
too cramped with all that "stuff" on it--being able to switch between
code and design so quickly is really nice.  I have a 19" monitor and I
feel it's not enough real estate for the way MX is designed.  If anyone
knows a way around this...I'd love to toggle, too.

Karen G. Schneider kgs at lii.org  http://lii.org
Director,    Librarians' Index to the Internet
lii.org  New This Week:     http://lii.org/ntw
      lii.org: Information You Can Trust!