[WEB4LIB] Porn Pushers

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Tue Jun 11 15:32:36 EDT 2002

At 12:19 PM 6/11/2002 -0700, Andrew I. Mutch wrote:
>Libraries that allow open Internet access are often called "porn pushers"
>by the pro-filtering advocates. They might want to add the filtering
>company WebSense to that category. Seth Finkelstein highlights how
>WebSense provides a daily list of porn sites to highlight that it is a
>better filtering product, Interesting marketing move, don't you think?

They say the "Index librorum prohibitorum" use to serve as a popular
reading guide for people in the 18th Century.

LEO

Leo Robert Klein                            Library Web Coordinator
office :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://newman.baruch.cuny.edu
radio station ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://patachon.com/radio