[WEB4LIB] RE: dreamweaver MX -- Auto Paragraph

D. Keith Higgs dkh2 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Jun 5 11:00:32 EDT 2002

Well stated, Michael.  I agree that poorly auto-included tagging is a
bane that must be stopped.

The only thing I would push for that may be construed as controvertial
is to avoid the occurance of anything that is free floating within the
body block. Free-floating, un-contained text can really screw things up
once you get into using CSS to handle your font, color, etc. settings.
Toward that end, all of our page maintainers are instructed that all
text must be contained within some sort of container. They may use P,
DIV, TD, LI, DT, DD, or whatever else they can find but there are to be
no occurances of free floating text that cannot be styled.

Regards,
D. Keith Higgs <mailto:dkh2 at po.cwru.edu>
 Case Western Reserve University
  Webmaster - University Library