[WEB4LIB] Re: constructive criticism on this list?

David Jones djones at scu.edu
Wed Aug 7 17:42:52 EDT 2002

"Drew, Bill" wrote:
> I am investigating possible alternatives to the javascript.  Is there a way
> to configure IE so it loads initially full screen when a new browser is
> opened?

Bill,

One other alternative is to remove the IE icon from the desktop with TweakUI and to instead use shortcuts. Shortcuts (not internet shortcuts!) can be set to open maximized.

We use 4 shortcuts on our desktop constructed like so:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" http://www.scu.edu

with the Run: property set to Maximized.

As long as people can't edit the icons on your desktop (we use WinSelect), these will always open maximized.

HTH,
David