[WEB4LIB] User Satisfaction Survey

Lydia C Bauer lydia.bauer at bms.com
Fri Aug 9 14:58:54 EDT 2002

For 2-3 questions, you may want to go with something like the standard questions
we ask at the end of a usability session:
-What did you like the best about[..]
-What did you like the least
-If you could change one thing to make this work better for you, what would it
be?

I did a qualitative user satisfaction survey on an intranet search/directory and
asked a few more questions (but not many more).  I've edited them down a bit
here:
-what is your overall opinion [ranked]
-do you feel that [page name] meets your needs for [this type of] information
[ranked]
-using this tool/page, how often do you find what you're looking for [general
gist]
-how intuitive did you find the navigation
-what one thing could we do to make [this product] even more useful to you

Here's an interesting article on web survey design that has many linked
references for more ideas.
Good luck-
Lydia Bauer