User Satisfaction Survey

Fraser, Morven FRASEMM at tc.gc.ca
Fri Aug 9 10:16:49 EDT 2002

I work in a federal gov't library.  We've currently revamped our intranet
pages -- signficantly increasing the full-text "to the desktop" research
potential of the dept.  The success of this new improved "virtual library"
needs to be evaluated.  We've got loads of Webtrends statistics at our
disposal, but I also want something qualitative.  I'd like to implement a
user satisfaction survey at the intranet site.  Ideally, the survey would
pop up as users exit the site -- it would address their satisfaction with
the Virtual Library.    Note: I want the survey to be extremely short and
simple.  It will be 2/3 questions max and these will be specific to
_overall_ satisfaction (we are doing more in depth surveying with targeted
users).

Has anyone surveyed user satisfaction in this limited, 2/3 question fashion.
If so, would you be kind enough to share your survey questions and
experiences?

Thanks very much.

Morven Fraser
Electronic Services Librarian / Bibliothècaire des services électroniques
Transport Canada / Transports Canada
t. 613-990-1606
f. 613-954-4731
frasemm at tc.gc.ca <mailto:frasemm at tc.gc.ca>

"Research is the process of going up alleys to see if they are blind."
--Marston Bates, 1967