Linux Samba and maybe trusted/trusting domains

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Mon Oct 22 09:25:01 EDT 2001

We've just changed network settings on campus from one gateway for the
campus to multiple gateways where each gateway serves one to four buildings.
Now my Digital Alpha NT Server is in a separate gateway from my Linux Samba
Server and the Samba Server is set to Authenticate off of the NT Server.
Currently no one can connect to the Linux Samba Server and I'm assuming its
not connecting to the NT server since MS logons are not working either but I
can still map to the NT server by //ip_address/shared_directory .

Does anyone know if setting the Samba Server as a trusted Domain on the NT
will solve this problem or is there another setting or settings that should
be changed?

Thomas
  Use The Help Desk at http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help
                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 2797

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine