Acrobat Reader problems

treed at clearwater-fl.com treed at clearwater-fl.com
Mon Oct 1 17:02:43 EDT 2001

Good afternoon web4libbers,

I'm stymied.  I have a staff computer that has Win95, IE 5.5 (sp2) on it.
I've attempted to download and install Acrobat Reader 5.0.  It'll download
and install successfully but when I go to use it I encounter a docbox.api
error.  I did a search on Adobe's site and came across a patch that is
supposed to fix whatever the problem is (compatibility? dll files? it really
doesn't specify (or I didn't read close enough)).  I installed it and the
problem still existed.

Any ideas as to where I might be able to download a copy of Adobe Reader 4.x
or earlier? I tried CNET downloads and couldn't find anything.  A quick
google search didn't come up with any feasible sites.

Like I said, I'm stymied.

TIA -

-tracey

Tracey Reed
Webmaster, Clearwater Public Library System
treed at clearwater-fl.com