.tiff files from the Veteran's Admin. and our solution

Phalbe Henriksen phenriksen at earthlink.net
Wed May 23 18:39:30 EDT 2001

After having read the archives on .tiff files, I felt I had to contribute
our library's solution:

I came across our first .tiff file problem this afternoon with a patron
using a Gates Foundation computer (Windows NT). I d/l'ed the file and took
it to my office and opened it without problem in IrfanView, a freeware
graphics viewer, which I had d/l'ed previously.

IrfanView can be found at <www.irfanview.com>. It was recommended to me by
a professor who teaches programming and (I've heard) has a master's degree
in astrophysics. He thinks it's great
software and in my very humble and limited view, I think it is, too.
(Standard disclaimer here -- I do not know Irfan Skiljan, nor will I make
even a cent from recommending his software.)

Tomorrow, I will d/l Irfanview on all four of our Gates Foundation
computers. No prob with .tiff files here.

Phalbe Henriksen
Director
Bradford County Public Library
Starke, FL

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."--Jorge
Luis Borges