[WEB4LIB] Internet Explorer / Public Web Browser

Brad Thomas bradzo at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jun 15 21:29:19 EDT 2001

Dear Bert

I had the same trouble when writing Ingenieum's Application Launcher.
Try this registry export that I made for our Application Launcher.
The important thing here is the EditFlags: hex:00,00,03,00

I'm sure it is the presence of this that stops the dialog box from appearing
in IE
The \shell\open\command line should be replaced with whatever the name of
the launch plug-in is for WebCD.
(I don't actually have the webcd plug-in - so these entries are all
theoretical - I simply changed the existing Ingenieum Application Launcher
entries from its extension to cds)

==========Start on the next line==========
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cds]
@="cds_auto_file"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cds_auto_file]
"EditFlags"=hex:00,00,03,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cds_auto_file\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cds_auto_file\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cds_auto_file\shell\open\command]
@="\"D:\\Program Files\\WebCD\\WebCDRun.exe\" %1"
==========Finish on the previous line==========

(This last line should be edited to reflect the path of the WebCD plug-in
executable)

Put these lines into Notepad and save it to disk - give the filename a .reg
extension, ie webcd.reg, then double click it in explorer and this
information will be merged in the registry. (Check to see you have an
existing .cds entry before you do though, otherwise this will overwrite it)

If a .cds entry does exist in the registry, perhaps then all you need is the
EditFlags key to prevent IE from popping up the dialog box.

See how you go.

Kind Regards

Brad

Brad Thomas