Internet Explorer / Public Web Browser

Bert Coenen Bert.Coenen at law.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jun 15 11:14:52 EDT 2001

Dear all,

does anyone know of a way to disable IE's download confirmation box when the
always ask... check box is greyed out?
The problem is this: we use a plug-in (webcd) to allow patrons to start up
local databases from our web-pages, in Netscape I simply switched off the
always ask... check box and that was that, in Internet explorer it's not that
easy. Apparently IE does not allow the confirmation dialog to be bypassed for
files that run programs or commands (such as exe's, bat's and com's -the
extension of our files is .cds). I've tried editing the file association
settings in Windows, but that didn't work either. Any thoughts?

Bert Coenen
Bibliotheek Rechtsgeleerdheid
Tiensestraat 41
3000 Leuven