[WEB4LIB] Dreamweaver and FrontPage

Kevin W. Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Fri Jul 6 10:29:46 EDT 2001

Hey Bill,

I haven't yet received my copy of DW4, so I'm a little surprised it isn't
built in already ... but a "Clean Up Front Page Code"
command?  Absolutely!  Go to www.macromedia.com and follow the path:

Products > Dreamweaver 4 > Dreamweaver Exchange

You'll have to register to download a copy of the Extension Manager, but
then every extension built for DW is free and available to you.  (The
instructions are generally self-explanatory.)  In fact, there is an entire
"Front Page Migration Kit."  From their site:

---
Clean Up FrontPage Html Site-Wide
Remove Proprietary FrontPage Code—such as WebBots, navigation-related
comments and META tags. This extension can run on individual pages or an
entire site. It removes extraneous code including: proprietary tags, data
and comments inserted by Microsoft FrontPage and presents a report
detailing what has been done. A customizable interface lets you specify
which areas of the code will be cleaned up. Once installed, access this
extension in Dreamweaver by choosing Commands > Clean Up FrontPage HTML
Sitewide. In the Reports dialog box find the FrontPage Migration Kit and
select the Clean Up FrontPage HTML report.
---

Hope this helps.
-kb