[WEB4LIB] Browser Based Email

pverhagen at sapl.ab.ca pverhagen at sapl.ab.ca
Thu Jan 25 11:46:03 EST 2001

Should you have enough time and staff to administrate a linux/bsd
system, you might want to hop over to http://www.freshmeat.net
and perform a search looking for browser based email packages.

The two I am currently considering are:
neomail - http://neomail.sourceforge.net/ (www+perl+sendmail)
phpgroupware - http://phpgroupware.org (www+php+imap+mysql)

phpgroupware has alot of features that need perfecting, but worth a
look to see what the potential for your organizations are. neomail
looks alot more complete (but I have yet to use it).

Peter Verhagen
Systems Administrator
St. Albert Public Library
St. Albert, AB, Canada