Browser Based Email

Sue Priver spriver at mln.lib.ma.us
Wed Jan 24 17:00:06 EST 2001

I work for a large automated network consisting of 41 member libraries,
public and small academic.  Currently, we have 2 Alphas (VMS) that host our
catalog as well as all of the email for the network.  We are looking into
solutions for another server to be our email host.  All of the library
staff members (aprox. 1300) have email accounts through the network. They
love the portability of vaxmail, so that all of the messages can be viewed
from any terminal (or terminal emulation) anywhere.  Are any of you using
Browser based e-mail packages?  If so, what packages are you using, and
what type of mail server is hosting the package?  At this point, we are
looking into purchasing a new mail server, so we are not restricted in that
area.  Thank you for any information on this topic.

Sue Priver
Asst. User Services Librarian
Minuteman Library Network
10 Strathmore Road