Scanners

Leo Robert Klein leo_klein at baruch.cuny.edu
Thu Apr 12 12:57:00 EDT 2001

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Melody Danley wrote:

> What I would like to know is some recommendations for a scanner that
> would also provide me with the software that includes expert controls I
> need for print and web. I would really like to hear from someone who is
> happy with the product they're using.

We've had good luck with the Epson Expression 836 which comes with a fair
amount of calibration software.  The machine is quiet and fast.  I think the
current model number is 1680.  Our E-reserves people swear by their Fujitzu
but then they're scanning in 1-bit color all the time so what would you
expect.  We also have an HP6350 which is noisy and slow and seldom used and
which I'd love to chuck out of the nearest window.  Perhaps for this reason,
all the windows around here have been locked shut.

LEO

Leo Robert Klein                                   Library Web Coordinator
office ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://newman.baruch.cuny.edu