[WEB4LIB] xml editors: applying tags by highlighting text

Samuel Mcdonald smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 12 11:42:11 EDT 2001

Hi:

<snip style="quote">
I am hoping to apply the tags by highlighting text in the
 document and clicking on one of the elements permitted by the DTD.
</snip>

If you use Notetab Pro and configure a clipbook you can do this very
simply.  Just select the text that you want to be bracketed by a pair of
tags and click on the clickbook link and voila!  If you feel like doing a
little bit more configuring you could have it pop up a box with several
pull-downs if you wanted to configure attributes easily as well.

(I recommend NoteTab Pro do to the tag coloring and enhanced scripting
features, but you can start with the free version..  www.notetab.com)

Note that is not an XML editor, it is text editor that is useful for doing
markup.

-Sam

Samuel J. McDonald                                smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Webmaster                              http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/
Rutgers University Libraries                        Voice (732) 932-7505
Alexander Library, 169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1163