xml editors: applying tags by highlighting text

Galway Library info at galwaylibrary.ie
Thu Apr 12 11:11:17 EDT 2001

Hi,

I wish to convert a document of free flowing text to XML. After, I have
created a DTD I am hoping to apply the tags by highlighting text in the
document and clicking on one of the elements permitted by the DTD.

For example, with HTML, it is possible to apply the 'bold' tags by selecting
text and clicking on a 'B' button. This can be done in a variety of HTML
editors. Is there an XML editor that allows you to apply XML tags in the
same way?

I am very new to XML so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
John Fitzgibbon

Galway Public Library,
Island House,