[WEB4LIB] Re: Splash Pages: Judicious Use

Tami-Jo M. Eckley eckleyt at mville.edu
Fri Sep 15 14:54:09 EDT 2000

There are some interesting points here.  I am trying really hard to think this through and make it work somehow.  I was thinking that the splash page would be the page where we list news, events, exhibits, and link to our "new home page" which would list the databases, request forms, subject guides, etc.  However, there would be no getting around that "extra click" from people in house since a selection for the "library" would always show up in the college menu bar at the top of the page.  So really, the "splash page" acts more like an internal page.  I began to think that maybe this page can be a "site index" to the library as well.  Thoughts in progress...