Splash Pages: Judicious Use

Kevin Nolan nolan at adelphi.edu
Fri Sep 15 14:26:18 EDT 2000

Perhaps you're right, perhaps using a big image is not the best way to display the info. This may not be the best example. But I think what I meant to point out is: if your library or university or organization decides to use a splash page it should be for the right reasons, and should serve some informative or instructive aim and not be used simply to showcase your Flash skills or interject a needless interruption to your users' experience. Anyway, that's what I tried to say. : )

--KN

A 200k GIF just to tell me that Homecoming is on October 28?  I don't
think that really passes muster as a useful page.  :-)

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu