CSS and XML

Eric_Wees at pch.gc.ca Eric_Wees at pch.gc.ca
Fri Sep 15 14:26:47 EDT 2000

I am unclear re. the relationship between XML and CSS.  I have built my
library's site using CSS and HTML but in the long run, XML may be the scripting
language of choice within the larger intranet environment of which our library
is a part, especially as this organization builds web pages and other electronic
resources that employ Dublin Core metadata.  My understanding is that a page
written with XML absolutely requires an accompanying style sheet for it to
display in browsers, but can that style sheet be CSS or is there a separate
XML-related style sheet used for this purpose?   Thanks for any insights.

Eric Wees
Webmaster and Information Officer
Department of Canadian Heritage Library
15 Eddy St., Rm. 15-2-B