[WEB4LIB] Can I open a new browser window with toolbar hidden without using

pverhagen at sapl.ab.ca pverhagen at sapl.ab.ca
Mon Oct 16 12:23:54 EDT 2000

Um... Are you sure you can't use javascript to pass the information
while also using javascript to create a 'chromless' window?

Although I admit I haven't passed form information in that fashion, I
have used a 'chromeless' browser form to input information into a
new 'chromeless' browser window, the purpose being passing the
form information into PHP and then into a database. Perchance
you might want the form also in a chromeless window?

Sorry, I Can't think of anything else,

Peter Verhagen

On 12 Oct 2000, at 9:19, Cory Stier wrote:

> I've set up a CGI script to search through a small flat-file database
> of our journal holdings using an HTML form. The results of the search
> are displayed in a second window using "target=blank". What I would
> like to be able to do is to remove the toolbar, button bar, and status
> bar from this window. I know that you can use JavaScript to open up a
> new window with these objects disabled, but I need to pass the data
> from the form to the second window. This means the user has to click
> on the Submit button to open the second window, which then means that
> I can't use JavaScript to open the second window. Does anyone know of
> a way that I can force the second window to open with the toolbar,
> buttons, and status bar hidden without using JavaScript? Is there
> anyway to do this with Perl? I'm hoping for a solution that will work
> with both IE and Netscape. TIA!

Peter Verhagen
Library Systems Administrator
St. Albert Public Library