Can I open a new browser window with toolbar hidden without using JavaScript

Cory Stier CStier at MERCURY.RDC.AB.CA
Thu Oct 12 12:14:07 EDT 2000

I've set up a CGI script to search through a small flat-file database of our
journal holdings using an HTML form. The results of the search are displayed
in a second window using "target=blank". What I would like to be able to do
is to remove the toolbar, button bar, and status bar from this window. I
know that you can use JavaScript to open up a new window with these objects
disabled, but I need to pass the data from the form to the second window.
This means the user has to click on the Submit button to open the second
window, which then means that I can't use JavaScript to open the second
window.
Does anyone know of a way that I can force the second window to open with
the toolbar, buttons, and status bar hidden without using JavaScript? Is
there anyway to do this with Perl? I'm hoping for a solution that will work
with both IE and Netscape.
TIA!

Cory Stier
Librarian