surveys

ctovell ctovell at nypl.org
Sat Nov 25 17:10:21 EST 2000

     Ward,

     When it comes to usability issues a great site to check out is Jakob
     Nielsen's Alertbox (http://www.useit.com/alertbox/).  I found two
     articles in his archives that might be of interest to you:

     "Collecting feedback from users of a Web archive (reader challenge)
     (January 10, 1999)"
     http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990110.html

     "Why you only need to test with 5 users (March 19, 2000)"
     http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20000319.html

     Good luck with your redesign.

     -Chris

     Christopher Tovell
     Electronic Resources Librarian
     Center for the Humanities and Social Sciences
     New York Public Library
     42nd Street  & 5th Avenue
     New York, NY  10018
     ctovell at nypl.org