Att'n: NEW ENGLAND LIBRARIANS

Karen V. Odato Karen.V.Odato at Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Jun 12 15:44:16 EDT 2000

CALL FOR PRESENTERS!!

Cross posted. Please excuse the duplication.

Please consider presenting at Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries' fourth annual
October Conference for New England Librarians!  The topic this year is
"Creative Marketing Projects: Promoting Library Resources and Services."
Scheduled for Thursday, October 12, 2000, this day-long event will be held
at Dartmouth College in lovely Hanover, New Hampshire (an easy two-hour
drive from Boston, Springfield, and many other New England locations).

Kathy Miller, editor of the "Marketing Library Services" newsletter and the
journal "Computers in Libraries", both published by Information Today,
Inc., will be the keynote speaker. She will frame the issues of promoting
library resources and services and outline some solutions.

We're seeking additional speakers. Have you developed a successful project
to attract users to your library or to connect them to your resources and
services? Would you like to share your experience with your colleagues? If
you would like to give an informal presentation lasting between 15-20
minutes (plus question/discussion time), please contact one of us (by
telephone or email) by July 7 - the sooner the better. (You don't have to
have your presentation finished by then; you just need to be able to
describe your presentation to us.)

Publicity flyers, registration forms, etc. will be distributed once the
program is finalized.

We have had between 60 and 80 participants at each of our three previous
conferences: "Creative Web-Based Library Education Projects: Distance
Learning and Bibliographic Instruction" (1997), "Reserve Readings and Other
Course Enhancements on the Web: Let the Library Lead!" (1998), and
"Electronic Journals: Pragmatic Solutions for User Access" (1999). (See
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~biomed/services.htmld/#conferences.)  We expect
similar attendance this year.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Karen Odato