[WEB4LIB] Mockup of a library web page with video link to reference

Steven C. Perkins sperkins at andromeda.rutgers.edu
Tue Jan 25 14:03:38 EST 2000

Patricia:

Thanks for the reply.  What I am looking for is a mockup of a virtual
reference desk with a link to a live librarian.  I think this was done in
part of the discussion on the MyLibrary customization sites.

Take Care,

Steven C. Perkins

At 10:41 AM 01/25/2000 -0800, Patricia A. Kreitz wrote:
>Dear Steven,
>    I did not supply the original email 'mockup' but if you're interested
>in displaying links to video streaming media through a library
>catalog, you could see how we've been doing it.
>   Go to: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/spires/form/bookspif.html
>type the keyword DRELL in the title box and click 'Perform Search'
>You will then get 8 records which have a link to both the conference
>site's information (when you go to that link, click on the hotlinked word
>'presentations' to see in tabular form links to the video streams and the
>scanned files of the overheads themselves)  and a link to a RealPlayer
>streaming media feed of the actual talk.
>   There is no link yet to the papers written from the talks because that
>volume is not published yet. When done, there will be links to the
>electronic texts of the individual papers too.
>   If this isn't what you needed, just ignore...
>--Pat Kreitz
>
>On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Steven C. Perkins wrote:
>
> > Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:09:03 -0800 (PST)
> > From: Steven C. Perkins <sperkins at andromeda.rutgers.edu>
> > Subject: [WEB4LIB] Mockup of a library web page with video link to
> reference
> >
> > All:
> >
> > I believe some one did a mockup as described in the subject line.  Can
> > someone send me the URL for the page?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steven C. Perkins
> >

> >                        |||||<<<<<*>>>>>|||||
> > Steven C. Perkins                     sperkins at andromeda.rutgers.edu
> > User Services Coordinator        http://www-rci.rutgers.edu/~sperkins/
> > Ackerson Law Library      http://info.rutgers.edu/RUSLN/lawlibrary.html
> > Rutgers School of Law-Newark             http://info.rutgers.edu/RUSLN/
> > 123 Washington Street
> > Newark, NJ 07102-3094               VOX:973-353-3036 - FAX:973-353-1356

Steven C. Perkins			    sperkins at andromeda.rutgers.edu
User Services Coordinator	     http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~sperkins/
Rutgers Law Library-Newark   http://info.rutgers.edu/RUSLN/lawlibrary.html
Rutgers School of Law-Newark	            http://info.rutgers.edu/RUSLN/
123 Washington Street
Newark, NJ 07102 		VOX:973-353-3036	  FAX:973-353-1356