Screen saver color

Guy Teasdale Guy.Teasdale at bibl.ulaval.ca
Mon Jan 24 13:00:49 EST 2000

Hi,

When our PCs are unattended for more than 5 minutes, the screen saver is
displaying a floating sentence saying something like "press enter to
consult our catalog"
The floating sentence is written  in white on a blue backround.
I think  that this will wear out our monitors much faster than if the
background was black

We are not blanking our screens because the students would have the reflex
to switch the power on-off

Does somebody has a more scientific opinion, or a policy for "saving" the
monitors,  so I could convince our system dept to change all the background
colors

Thanks

Guy Teasdale
Bibliothèque de l'Université Laval, Sainte-Foy, Québec G1K 7P4
TÉL: (418) 656-2131 - 2090 FAX: (418) 656-7897
**  Si je n'y suis pas, essayez aussi à : TÉL: (418) 656-2131 - 7970 **
http://www.bibl.ulaval.ca/info/pagepers/teasdale/