ASIS Annual Meeting, Nov 11-16, Chicago, IL

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Wed Aug 2 11:53:19 EDT 2000

Dear ASIS Members and Friends:

The conference program for ASIS 2000, "Knowledge Innovations:
Celebrating Our Heritage, Designing Our Future," is now available
at http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM00/index.html

This year we have again brought together the top experts in
information science to explore the most recent developments in the
field and to look ahead at future trends.

With more than 50 technical sessions, 2 keynote speakers, 37
contributed papers sessions and 8 continuing education pre-
conference workshops, this year's conference is packed with
insightful and useful information.

Plenary Speakers:
	Anthony Oettinger, Harvard University
	John Seely Brown, Xerox PARC

Pre-Conference Workshops:
Saturday, November 11
*   Essential 21st Century Law for information Professionals
		(2 day course; take either or both days)
*   Managing Electronic Records
Sunday, November 12
*   Essential 21st Century Law for information Professionals
*   Visual Analysis Methods for Information Retrieval
*   Introduction to Delivering databases Via the Web
*   Electronic Document Imaging
*   Managing Information Portals and Content
Thursday, November 16
Special Post Conference Workshop (in conjunction with Argus
Center for Information Architecture
*   Synonyms and Taxonomies: Thesaurus Design for Information
	Architects

Dick Hill