MARC Editor

Ed Summers esummers at odu.edu
Thu Sep 30 17:17:50 EDT 1999

Dave:

<shamless_plug>This probably isn't exactly what you are looking for, but if
you are familiar with Perl and you'd like a Perl friendly utility for
manipulating MARC records take a look at MARC.pm
<http://libstaff.lib.odu.edu/depts/systems/iii/scripts/MARCpm/>. MARCpm is
a Perl5 module, that once installed on your server/PC will allow you to
write Perl scripts that easily read, manipulate and create MARC records. It
was designed to be a kind of a Perl MARCMake/MARCBreaker plus extra goodies
like a MARC->HTML & MARC->XML converter.</shameless_plug>

// Ed