Printing problems in Netscape

Stacy Pober spober at manhattan.edu
Thu Sep 30 19:01:03 EDT 1999

We've had persistent problems in printing from Netscape from our catalog
(WebPALS).  As often as not, people will try to print a single book
record or a list of books and will get only the first part of the screen
display - the boldface lines and sometimes the line of icons for
options.  But none of the data that they actually want.

This seems to be independent of the printer and printer driver used.  I
suspect it's a problem with Netscape, but it doesn't happen all the
time.  If anyone would like to have a look at the html behind the pages,
the catalog is at http://www.waldo.msus.edu

Anyone have insights on why this is happening?  Do some versionso of
Netscape choke on printing certain format commands or something like
that?  The pages display fine in the browser - only the printing is
problematic.

Stacy Pober, Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries
spober at manhattan.edu