Setting up Acrobat Reader to fill the entire screen

Donald Barclay donaldb at library.tmc.edu
Mon Nov 15 11:39:01 EST 1999

Dear Web4libbers,

When users of our public-access workstations access a PDF file, Adobe
Acrobat Reader (version 4.0) fills up only part of the screen. This leaves
the Netscape (version 4.6) toolbar exposed. Naturally enough, users often
click on the Netscape print icon instead of the Acrobat print icon, which
causes Netscape to crash.

Does anyone know of a way to make Adobe Acrobat Reader automatically fill up
the entire screen? As I remember, older version of Acrobat did fill the
entire screen, but I haven't been able to figure out how to make this happen
on our public-access workstations.

By the way, the workstations in one of our two public-access labs are NT
stand alones, while those in the other lab are running on Novel. We run into
the same problem in both labs. Thanks for any help with this.

Donald A. Barclay
Houston Academy of Medicine-       always the beautiful answer
Texas Medical Center Library           who asks the more beautiful question
donaldb at library.tmc.edu                                   -- e. e. cummings