[WEB4LIB] ProQuest vs. EBSCO Host

Floyd Ingram Ingramf at benedict.edu
Wed Nov 3 18:56:51 EST 1999

We are looking at adding ProQuest to our list of electronic resources that include EBSCOHost.  EBSCOHost is weak in the sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) but strong in business and social sciences.  This is why we are planning to have both.  Is there a product out there that is strong in all disciplines?

*******************************
MSC 25
Floyd Ingram
Director of Library Services
Benedict College
1600 Harden Street
Columbia, SC 29204-1086
Voice: (803) 253-5182
Fax: (803) 540-2528
E-mail: <mailto:fingram at mindspring.com>
Homepage: <http://fingram.home.mindspring.com>
*******************************

>>> Stacy Pober <spober at manhattan.edu> 11/02/99 04:50PM >>>
We currently use UMI/Bell & Howell's ProQuest as one of our online
databases, but we're contemplating a switch to the EBSCO equivalent,
EBSCO Host.

Have any librarians out there used both?  How do they compare in ease of
use, coverage, speed, etc.?

--
Stacy Pober, Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries