Candidates for _Onion Patch(sm): New Age Public Access Systems_

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Wed May 26 12:53:05 EDT 1999

       *  Candidates for _Onion Patch(sm): New Age Public Access Systems_ *

   I am greatly interested in profiling additional projects, research, products and services that support or demonstrate alternative approaches to Second Generation OPACs and other current online public catalogs and indexes for my Web clearinghouse _Onion Patch(sm)_. The address for _Onion Patch(sm) is:

             http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Onion.htm

 _Onion Patch(sm)_ also includes descriptions of novel visual interfaces with features and functionalities that potentially can enhance public access systems.

    I am *particularly* interested in any and all commercial services that exist or
are currently in development that can seamlessly manage Embedded Multimedia
in E-journals.

   As Always, Any and All contributions, queries, critiques, comments, questions, concerns, etc., etc. regarding this
post are Most Welcome.

  Regards,

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

   "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                              Alan Kay
     http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/GASCH.KAY.HTML