[WEB4LIB] Re: Docking Ports: Was Abandon Library Computer Labs

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Mon Mar 22 15:37:25 EST 1999

At 08:33 AM 3/22/99 -0800, Alma E. Garcia wrote:

>Here at Mills were have talked about providing this service for our
>students.  What we envision is network connections that students will plug
>their laptop to and connect to the campus network.  Our ITS department has
>suggested students receive training on connecting to the network;  they
>would also be assigned an IP address that they can use from any
>building on the campus.

I'd certainly avoid giving out IP numbers....which most of us would run out
of anyway.  DHCP is pretty straight forward for your IT people to
administer.  In fact, our campus uses it for all machines that don't NEED a
dedicated ip number.

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165