[WEB4LIB] Re: ie5 update info

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Mon Mar 22 10:57:22 EST 1999

At 06:30 AM 3/22/99 -0800, Kathy P. Wheeler wrote:
>I tried a few pdf files from online journals and nothing happened when I
>clicked on PDF. IE5 had a message that the document was done put Adobe
>Acrobat did not load and neither did the article.

Although I've not observed that behavior in IE5 yet, it is fairly common in
IE4 and Acro3.x to have that APPEAR to happen.  But if you click the back
arrow to go back, and then click the forward arrow to return whence you
came, you'll find the Acrobat document nicely displayed.  I've also not yet
seen this behavior with Acro4beta.  But in my experience, it isn't
consistent in not showing the acrobat page.  I think it might relate to
memory available, as it seems to happen less frequently on machines with
more RAM, but that could be off base.

The not displaying Acrobat pages happens frequently enough on our public
machines that I've taught reference staff the "go back a step and then
return" trick to get the page to display.

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165