Browser cache size and maintenance

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Thu Mar 4 21:02:50 EST 1999

For those of you with secured public computers:

Do you go around at regular intervals and clear your browser cache files so
your disk doesn't become clogged?  How do you handle it when it means undoing
and redoing the security?

Second, is there a recommended cache limit?  I just put out some new computers
(NT4/SP4, IE 4.01, P300/64M RAM) with the cache set to 10 megs so there
wouldn't be that much accumulation.  Now I'm getting frequent freezes, and I
wondered if this might be the cause.  (It does not appear to be a security
conflict, as all the features and add-ons do work.)

Thanks!

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org