[WEB4LIB] Browser cache size and maintenance

Ann S. Owens asowens at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 4 21:16:15 EST 1999

At Sacramento Public, we do clear the cache every morning on startup.
At this point, it may be moot, but before we got the T-1 line and
Netscape 4.x, the pcs would freeze up when the cache was full.  We
decided that it would save time and trouble all around if we did some
simple maintenance every day upon startup - and so far, it seems to be
working most of the time.  We clear the cache, patron-added bookmarks,
and anything patrons add to the desktop, including moving the status bar
around...  hth
--
Ann S. Owens
(asowens at ix.netcom.com)