Web Server Inquiry

Eric Nudell emnudell at unm.edu
Wed Mar 10 17:37:14 EST 1999

We are looking for a web server in the $12,000 range. We have narrowed
our list to the following three servers -

	Dell PowerEdge 6300
	Gateway ALR 9200
	Micron NetFRAME NF6201

We plan on running either Red Hat or Caldera using Apache or Netscape
server software.

Does anyone have experience with any of these servers? Do you have any
problems with the hardware or support? Do you have another server
recommendation?

Thanks for your help.

Eric Nudell                        |  If you will not hear Reason,
LIBROS System Administrator        |  she'll surely rap your Knuckles.
General Library                    |
University of New Mexico           |           - Ben Franklin
Albuquerque NM 87131-1466          |
Voice:  (505) 277-5860             |
E-Mail: emnudell at unm.edu           |