New OCLC Institute Seminar Offerings

Lytle,Amy lytlea at oclc.org
Wed Mar 10 13:40:47 EST 1999

	[cross posted to several lists, please redistribute as appropriate]

Dear Readers,

The OCLC Institute is pleased to add additional "Using Metadata for
Knowledge Management" and "Technology Planning in a Time of Rapid Change"
seminars to our Spring, 1999 calendar of events:

	"Using Metadata for Knowledge Management"
		 Offered April 12-14, 1999, Hull, Ontario, Canada, with the
National     	   Library of Canada
	 Offered June 14-16, 1999, Dallas, Texas, with AMIGOS

 "Using Metadata for Knowledge Management," an intensive 2.5-day seminar,
combines lectures, small-group and plenary discussion, and hands-on,
project-oriented lab work to provide participants with real-world practice
in designing and implementing a MARC or web-server based resource
description system.

This seminar is ideal for heads of cataloging, cataloging team leaders,
metadata librarians, electronic and Internet resource librarians, record
managers, archivists, systems librarians, Webmasters, and knowledge
managers.

Online registration and more information about our Metadata seminars,
including costs and hotel information, is available at:
http://www.oclc.org/institute/metadata2a.htm.

	"Technology Planning in a Time of Rapid Change"
	May 20-21, 1999, Ontario, California with OCLC Pacific
	May 27-28, 1999, Portland, Oregon with OCLC Pacific

This expanded 1.5-day forum is now open to Directors of both Public and
Academic libraries.  Institute speakers, roundtable discussion, and
structured case studies provide insight into strategic planning of resource
allocation, electronic information trends and exploration of alternatives
and issues regarding electronic database access.

Online registration and more information about our Technology Planning
forums, including costs and hotel information, is available at:
http://www.oclc.org/institute/tech_planning.htm

If you have questions regarding the above please contact me at (800)
848-5878 x 5212 or lytlea at oclc.org.

Thank you,

Amy Lytle
Event Coordinator