[WEB4LIB] Re: Graphics Program question

Fazia Begum Rizvi fr06 at swt.edu
Tue Jan 19 10:50:32 EST 1999

Hrm. It depends on what the graphic designer's
skill level is, and what types of graphics they
will be producing. My recommendations?

For an experienced graphic designer:
Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator in addition
to a few extras like Fractal Painter, Macromedia
Flash, and a web optimizing program like Adobe
ImageReady or Fireworks.

For the less experienced/artistically adept:
Adobe PhotoDeluxe OR Paint Shop Pro, plus
Freehand. (I recommend the first for MAC users,
and the second for Windows users.) Lview Pro also
helps, and a web optimization program like Adobe
ImageReady is also useful.

There are tons of other options like Corel Draw,
Canvas, 3-D graphics tools, conversion programs
and stuff that adds functionality to a graphics
program, like Adobe After Effects, or Kai's Power
Tools. I recommend getting the Publisher's Toolbox
catalog to see what's out there. The web site
isn't that great yet, but you can sign up for
the catalog:
http://www.pubtool.com/

-Faz
Fazia Begum Rizvi                  e: fr01 at swt.edu
University Webmaster               p: 512-245-2288
Southwest Texas State University   f: 512-245-3002
http://www.io.com/~fazia              fazia at io.com