Locking down NT

Paul H. Gray phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Tue Jan 19 10:52:38 EST 1999

OK -
We are being forced by the powers that be to move to NT Workstation for our
patron machines.

We are running LaunchPro from Microtest over their DiscZerver hardware.

IDEALLY what I would like is to have NOTHING show up on the screen BUT the
LAUNCHPRO menu.  In Windows and Windows 95 this was a SIMPLE matter of
changing SHELL= line.
BUT NT doesn't seem to have this.

I have deleted everything I can find out of profile folders but I still get
a START button giving access to control settings etc. as well as icons on
the screen for My Computer, Network Neighborhood etc.

I NEED for obvious reasons to either eliminate these items for patron
logins -- or at least disable them so that when they are clicked on NOTHING
happens.

I know SOMEONE out there has already fought this battle -
If you won - PLEASE tell me how -

Thanks
Paul H. Gray, Learning Resources Manager	Phone:  (817)515-6623
TCJC Northeast LRC				Fax:    (817)515-6275
828 Harwood Road				E-Mail: phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Hurst, Texas 76054